Health benefits of cycling:
- HEAT: the World Health Organization’s Health Economic Assessment Tool for cycling – ecf.com
Benefits of cycling vs. air pollution:
- BBC News: Air pollution: Benefits of cycling and walking outweigh harms – study. Published:5 May 2016
- The Guardian: Benefits of cycling and walking ‘outweigh air pollution risk’ in cities May 2016
- CYCLING AND URBAN AIR QUALITY. A study of European Experiences – ecf.com Nov 2014
Real costs of diesel and petrol cars to the society and real-world data on emissions:
Air pollution inside the cars – research October 2017
- Assessment of personal exposure to particulate air pollution during commuting in European cities—Recommendations and policy implications.
Science of The Total Environment, Volume 490, 15 August 2014, Pages 785-797
“Studies on personal exposure to air pollutants during car commuting are more numerous than those dealing with other types of transport, and typically conclude by emphasising that travelling by car involves exposure to relatively high particulate matter, PM exposure concentrations. Thus, compared to other transport methods, travelling by car has been shown to involve exposure both to higher PM [particulate matter] and BC [black carbon] as compared with cycling.“
- Car indoor air pollution – analysis of potential sources.
J Occup Med Toxicol. 2011; 6: 33.
- Air quality inside motor vehicles’ cabins: A review
Indoor and Built Environment. Volume 27 Issue 4, April 2018
- Pollution Inside Your Car.
University of California, Berkeley Wellness.
- Higher air pollution health risk inside car, study finds
- Air pollution more harmful to children in cars than outside, warns top scientist
The Guardian, 12 Jun 2017
Provided by our member Piotr R.
Last updated: 07-Jun-2018