Outcome of brainstorming and board discussions – with the help of three facilitators in Oct 2019, we discussed in three rounds in discussion groups of 3 – 4 persons the following, which we followed up at board meetings:
- Who are we?
- How do we work and what does the Board do?
- What are our projects and what are our priorities?
Putting all the post-its together at the White Board under What – Who – When the conclusions are the following. We plan to come back to these every year, and update if necessary.
1. Lobbying: in-house, and for external stakeholders
- Mobility budget (car drivers pay for parking, money distributed to everybody)
- Better bike infrastructure, i.e. bike parking, lockers, showers (main issue of members)
- Being treated as partner, i.e. not only as cost-free volunteers when work force is needed, but also as experienced advisory board being consulted before new projects are launched (e.g. open space offices, re-arrangement of garage entry/exit etc.)
Initiate requests, follow-up ongoing actions, team-up with other NGOs
- Brussels Region
- Communes in Brussels
2. Services by members for members
- Newsletter – approx monthly
- Website – mostly long-term content
- Stand at the Welcome days of the EC, EP
- Logo (renewed in 2019)
- Training courses
- Safe Cycling training courses, train the trainers
- Transport children and family biking training courses
- How to buy an e-bike training courses
- Training for members new to cycling
- European Schools cycling classes
- Theft prevention information
- BikeMate / BikeBuddy
- Welcome Day training session in the EC
- Social evenings, biking pickinc, lunches, breakfasts
- “Éclairage” / lighting campaigns (cooperation with Gracq)
- Clapping campaigns (cooperation with Gracq)
- Being organised as an organisation
- Monthly board meetings
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Membership list, welcome new members
- Support starting local cycling groups
3. Other topics
- Anything that comes up during the year that doesn’t fall in to lobbying or services – we won’t list these here.